Creating high quality and engaging online courses is probably one of the most important steps in building your online learning initiative powered by Open edX.
This guide is meant to give you step by step instructions on how to use STUDIO the authoring platform to create and configure your first courses. We are assuming you are already using one of eduNEXT’s Cloud subscriptions, but in case you are not, you can always get started here.
This interactive guide will teach you how to:
- Access Studio and have permissions to create or modify courses.
- Create your first courses and control their visibility in your site.
- Create a course structure and add contents to your courses.
- Use course templates to create courses faster and achieve more consistency.
- Add more advanced configurations and tools into your courses
Let’s dive in.
1. How to access Studio and have permissions to create or modify courses
2. Create your first courses and control their visibility in your site
3. Create a course structure and add contents to your courses
4. Use course templates to create courses faster and achieve more consistency
5. How to add more advanced configurations and tools into your courses
Remember that if you are running Open edX using one of eduNEXT’s Open edX LITE Cloud subscriptions, you’ll already have access to most of the basic functionality in STUDIO, but after your subscription is upgraded and some of the add ons are added to your account, you’ll be able to do much more, including:
- Providing configurable Certificates to your learners that complete your courses
- Adding extra xblocks or advanced learning activities / content
- Using eduNEXT advanced course templates to guide you and provide working examples of basic, intermediate and advanced components and configurations.
- Create courses in more than one organization.
- Using the additional reporting module to export useful records about your learners.
- Use the PERFORMANCE exclusive Open edX insights application with your courses
Whenever you are ready for more, visit https://manage.edunext.co/upgrade to upgrade your subscription.