Open edX is a web-based platform for creating, delivering, and analyzing online courses. It is the open source platform that powers the edX.org initiative, created by founding partners Harvard University and MIT and joined by dozens of leading global institutions and millions of active online learners worldwide.
Once you’ve decided to power your elearning, or online courses initiative with the Open edX platform, there are several alternatives to deploy this technology in your own open edx hosting.
Open edX hosting solutions
The most straight forward and cost efficient alternative is to sign up for one of eduNEXT’s SaaS subscriptions, to enjoy the powerful features of the latest release of Open edX and edNEXT’s specialized tech support, without the hassle of installs, deployments, and constant updates.
If you are interested to get involved with the Open edX community, to develop, contribute and host the solution with your own resources, some the best places to start exploring are:
- A hosted and managed open edX hosting solution such as eduNEXT’s SaaS subscriptions
- The open edX website at https://open.edx.org
- The edX github repository at https://github.com/edx/edx-platform/
- The Open edX documentation website at http://docs.edx.org/
- The General Open edX discussion group at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/edx-code
- The Open edX Confluence Wiki at https://openedx.atlassian.net/wiki/display/OPEN/Open+Source+Home